Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorney James H. Young
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
James H Young
Jim Young has been with the firm since 1974, when as a high school graduate he began apprenticing in the law by shadowing his father Howard S. Young Jr., one of the leading trial lawyers in the country.
This apprenticeship continued every summer while attending Indiana University Bloomington, and through graduation from the Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis in 1981.
Throughout his career Jim has been involved in many jury and court trials throughout the State of Indiana. In addition, he has been a part of the development of the Indiana common law (case law), by prevailing in many cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals and the Indiana Supreme Court.
Jim has been on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association since 1990. He has been a member of the American Association of Justice since 1981. He has also been a member of the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission, which assists the Governor in selecting Judges for the Indiana Court of Appeals and Justices for the Indiana Supreme Court.
Jim has been active in his church and in the community by volunteering with several charitable organizations including Easter Seals Crossroads, and projects providing free legal assistance to individuals in need.
A number of organizations have recognized his trial skills and effective advocacy on behalf of his clients.
Jim and his wife Clare are the most proud of how their four children have grown to be caring, decent, motivated adult human beings who help make this world a better place to live.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Areas of Practice:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other serious personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Vehicle and truck wrecks
- Construction injuries
- Premises liability - falls and security
- Electrical injuries
- Highway design and bad road wrecks
- Social Security disability
- Medical malpractice
- Helicopter crashes
- Airplane crashes
- Product failures
- Estate Law
- Bar Admissions:
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana- May 29, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit- July 15th, 1998
- Indiana Supreme Court- May 29th, 1981
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Cum Laude
- Indiana University Bachelor of Arts- August 31, 1978
- Pro Bono activities:
- Volunteered as a lawyer for the Indigent Lawyer Program
- Community Service:
- Fund Raiser- Brebeuf Jesuit High School
- Volunteer Coaching
- Marion County Election Board Poll Day Volunteer
- Board member of committees at St. Luke Catholic Church
- Contributor to St. Vincent DePaul
- Long-time supporter of Wheeler Mission
- Member of Crossroads of America- Indianapolis Chapter
- Legislative Advocacy:
- Volunteered with the ITLA Legislative Committee
- Phi Delta Phi
To learn how you and your family can benefit from the experience and reputation of a law firm that has served its clients, the profession and the community for more than 50 years, contact one of the personal injury lawyers at Young & Young for a free consultation.